Unsure if your brakes need replacing? If they feel different to normal or are making any strange noises, you could have a problem with your brakes.
Bring your vehicle to us, and our mechanics will inspect your brakes to make sure they are functioning correctly and are in good working order.
Braking issues and warning signs
If you have noticed a change in your brakes, you should get them inspected straight away as it is extremely dangerous to drive around with faulty brakes. You could be risking your life and the lives of others.
Brakes do have a life span, which is why they need to be serviced regularly, and in some cases, replaced.
If you notice any of the following problems, make sure you get your brakes looked at immediately:
• The brake light has come on
• You notice squealing, squeaking or grinding when you press on the brakes
• Your brakes feel wobbly, or like they’re vibrating or scraping when you apply the brakes
• You’ve noticed fluid leaking from your vehicle
• Your brake pedal feels softer or spongier than normal
• When you’re braking the car is pulling to one side
• You smell a burning odour when driving
• You feel the brake pedal pulsing when you press on it.
If you’ve noticed any of the above problems, please give us a call as soon as possible so we can help.
Servicing your brakes as part of brake repair on the Gold Coast
Here on the Gold Coast we take brake repair seriously because we know how important it is to drive with safe brakes.
This is why all vehicle brakes will be inspected as part of a vehicles regular service including testing the quality of the brake fluid and measuring rotor, drum, pads and shoe thicknesses.
These preventative maintenance measures ensure your car is always working at its best and minimise the chance of any unexpected problems with your brakes while you’re on the road.